||Weight loss through caloric deficit and fitness through nutrition and exercise.
||This is a group for professionals (advanced education and licensed) in any field. We are evidence-based.
Lurkers will be dealt with swiftly and mercilessly.
||Sunday, January 21, 2018, 9:54 AM
||All persons joining this group must have a profile, log, and comment regularly. We understand that we are all busy and there might be short periods wherein this cannot be done perfectly. However, overall, the goal should be to log and comment almost daily.
I work in public health research, but applying what I know to my own life is the challenge! I'm 48, have 3 children, and at 120 kgs the situation feels urgent. Have seen my doctor and feel very ready to make the necessary changes. My plan for the first month is pretty straightforward - cut out the crap food, eat healthy meals, and do a daily achievable exercise session.
You can read my log: http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/start-now-sa.asp
I = icandoit276.
But I summarize my totals here anyway.
50+ year old married male profesional with 2 kids on the LEFT Coast of USA
What works for me:
1. Daily logging of cals and exc
2. Low fat meals
3. Commenting on PEERTrainer
4. Planning the food I eat
5. Beck-style awareness
6. Hypertrophy of my resistance muscle
7. Keeping goals in mind: health, longevity, good looks and good shape, staying around for wife and kids, avoiding stroke, heart attack, cancer
I am a professional living in Greater Vancouver, BC. I am 151 cm (4' 11.5") and small framed, so my RMR is very low and I burn far fewer calories in exercise.
1) I stay in groups in which we mutually support each other.
2) I am completely open to new ideas if evidence based. I am not cool with woo. Please read the rest of my group member profile, and see http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Food_woo